1 Night Milan | 2 Night Engelberg | 1 Night Black Forest | 2 Night Antwerp | 2 Night Paris
Day 1: MilanMeals: Dinner
Welcome to Milan, the second largest city in Italy and also its business, design, fashion and music capital. It is also rich in art, history and culture.
We begin our orientation tour of the city of Milan with the magnificent Duomo Square. Milan’s cathedral took almost 430 years to complete, from its inception in 1386 to the façade’s finishing touches in 1813 under the rule of Napoleon. In sheer figures it is impressive! The third largest church in the world, it has more than 3500 exterior statues and is supported by 52 massive columns inside. Dozens of stained-glass windows create splashes of coloured light in the otherwise gloomy interior. We will also see the Scala Museum and Theatre, proceeding to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele – which is a double arcade in the centre of Milan, Italy. The structure is formed by two glass-vaulted arcades intersecting in an octagon covering the street connecting Piazza del Duomo to Piazza della Scala. The Galleria is named after Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of united Italy. It was originally designed in 1861 and built by Giuseppe Mengoni between 1865 and 1877. The Galleria connects two of Milans most famous landmarks, The Duomo and the Teatro Alla Scala, but the Galleria is a landmark on its own right.
Proceed to your hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 2: Switzerland (Mt. Titlis with Ice Flyer, Snow park and Lucerne)Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
After enjoying breakfast, proceed to Switzerland, a landlocked country in the cultural and geographical centre of Europe. Renowned for its snow-capped Alps, lush green meadows and fresh water lakes, the prosperous country of Switzerland is blessed with a distinct character and dynamism.
Today, begin the adventurous journey to Mt. Titlis. On a hair-raising and unforgettable 45 minutes long ride to the top, switching three different cable cars, the ride is nothing short of awe-inspiring as you’ll witness the scenery change from green meadows and scenic lakes to snow clad mountains. The last leg of the ride is on the famous Rotair, which is the world’s first revolving cable car that offers beautiful panoramic views of the surrounding glaciers, mountains and scenery. Once atop Mt. Titlis, enjoy the mesmerising view of the Alps from either the sun terrace or from the famous south face window of the mountain. And this is not al! Also, enjoy a thrilling ride on the famous Ice Flyer along with the snow park (weather permitting).
After the great Mt. Titlis experience, proceed to Lucerne, a beautiful city located at the northern tip of Lake Lucerne, where you will see the Lion Monument called Lowendenkmal built in memory of the loyal Swiss guards. After that, stroll along the banks of Lake Lucerne to experience attractions like the Kapellbrucke i.e. The Chapel Bridge and the Spreuerbrucke, the two traditional wooden bridges of Lucerne. Spend some free time shopping at the famous Bucherer for Swiss watches, jewellery and souvenirs. Bucherer is celebrating its 125th anniversary in 2013 so don’t forget to pick up your free gift.
Return to the hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 3: Switzerland (Optional tour of Jungfraujoch and Interlaken with Indian lunch)Meals: Breakfast and dinner
After breakfast today, enjoy the day at leisure in the serene and soothing environs of Switzerland or make use of the free time to embark on an optional tour to visit Jungfraujoch, often referred to as the Top of Europe and the charming town of Interlaken. Jungfraujoch makes for a memorable encounter with snow and ice, and has all it takes to become the high point of any tour of Europe. Tourists are often amazed at the scenic splendour they witness from the Cog-Wheel train, which climbs up to a height of 11,333 feet to reach Jungfraujoch, the highest railway station in the world! The Cog- Wheel train is one of the best, most incredible train journeys in the world. The views of Switzerland from atop the mountain are simply breathtaking.
Later on, drive to Interlaken, which is a world famous Swiss town located in the Bernese Oberland Mountains between the lakes of Thun and Brienz.
Finally return to the hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 4: Orientation tour of Zurich, (Rhine Falls. the Black Forest and Cuckoo Clocks!)Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
After breakfast today, embark on an orientation tour of Zurich including sights such as Bahnhofstrasse, the Gross Munster, the Frau Munster, the Rathaus and St. Peters Church. With a diameter of 8.7 metres (28 feet), the clock face of St. Peters Church is the largest in all of Europe.
Thereafter, proceed to Schaffhausen to witness the grandeur of the magnificent Rhine Falls, one of the largest waterfalls of Europe. Then we proceed to the scenic Black Forest in the southwest region of Germany. Rolling hills dotted with old farm houses, traditional wineries and valleys with lakes, rivers and waterfalls, the Black Forest is a beautiful place to be. Some of the world’s best-quality wood products and the world’s prettiest and best-preserved forests are in this region. Almost 200 kilometers long and 60 kilometers wide, the Black Forest is not only one of the most diverse, but also one of the biggest and best known holiday regions in Germany. The Black Forest maids, Black Forest farms, Black Forest gateau, Bollenhut hats and cuckoo clocks - the Black Forest embodies everything that one might expect of a picture perfect German holiday! Also take a stop at Hofgut Sternen in the heart of the Black Forest to witness how the famous and original Cuckoo Clocks of Hofgut Sternen are made. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Cologne and Orientation Tour of BrusselsMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
After a hearty breakfast, we proceed to Cologne to visit the city’s UNESCO World Heritage site, the Cologne Cathedral. It is also one of Europe’s most spectacular cathedrals and is credited as the largest Gothic cathedral north of The Alps. The twin spires (standing 157 metres tall) and the beautiful stained glass windows are the highlights of this cathedral. The Cologne Cathedral also has a reputation of being the most visited tourist monument in Germany. Afterwards, proceed to Brussels - capital of the European Union. Upon arrival, begin your orientation tour, which will include sights such as Grand Place and its famous guild houses, City Museum, Town Hall, House of the Dukes of Brabant, Manneken Pis, Royal Palace, Royal Park, Palace of Justice and the Museum of Fine Arts. Thereafter, enjoy a photo stop at the Atomium, which was built for the 1958 World Fair. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6: The NetherlandsMeals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
After breakfast today, we transfer to Amsterdam, the financial and cultural capital of the Netherlands. The best way to experience Amsterdam is through a traditional canal cruise. These glass-topped boats offer unobstructed views of the splendour of Amsterdam. After the cruise, visit one of the most famous wooden shoe factories of Netherlands and witness a free demonstration of the history, traditions and the making of authentic Dutch wooden shoes. After the demonstration, take a short stop for a photograph at a windmill, one of the most distinctive sights of the Netherlands.
For tours between late March and mid-May:
Proceed to Keukenhof, which is the world’s largest Tulip garden. Open from late-March to mid-May, it attracts over a million visitors who come to see the vibrant flowers (tulips, daffodils, and many more) in full bloom. Proceed to your hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
(Please note: The Keukenhof Gardens are open from late-March to mid-May only. Groups on the tour commencing post mid-May shall visit Madurodam in The Hague instead.)
For tours after mid-May:
Later, visit Madurodam, which is a beautiful miniature model of a typical Dutch town, downsized in the ratio of 1:25. It also contains many famous miniature landmarks, which are absolute copies of the real ones. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7: Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 8: Paris River Seine Cruise and DisneylandMeals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
After a delectable breakfast, proceed on a cruise on River Seine, which is an excellent and unique way to view Paris and sail past many of its historical monuments.
After the River Seine Cruise experience, have an adventurous and fun-filled time at Disneyland Paris, where you can enjoy many thrilling rides and fascinating shows. Meet your favourite cartoon characters and enjoy the jovial atmosphere with your whole family. The resort offers a plethora of attractions and theme parades from the wonderful world of Disney. Return to the hotel for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 9: DepartureMeals: Breakfast
After a hearty breakfast, bid adieu to Paris and Europe and get transferred to the airport in time to board your flight back home. With an enriching experience of a lifetime, leave Europe with happy memories of one of the most beautiful continents on earth.
- Round trip economy-class airfare valid for the duration of the tour
- Airport taxes
- Schengen visa charges
- Travel insurance - Valid for the duration of the tour for people below the age of 60
- Services of an experienced MakeMyTrip tour manager
- Accommodation in double/twin bedded rooms in hotels stated in itinerary or similar
- Stay at handpicked hotels to suit your comfort and convenience of location
- Travel in comfort aboard climate controlled luxury coaches
- Enjoy extended continental breakfasts every morning
- Enjoy Indian lunches and dinners in Mainland Europe
- Orientation tour of Milan, Lucerne, Zurich, Brussels, and Paris
- Excursion to Mt Titlis (10,000 feet above sea level) on the famous Rotair, worlds first revolving cable car along with a tour of the sensational Ice Flyer and Snow Park
- Visit to Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen
- Visit to Black Forest region of Germany
- Experience a demonstration of the famous Cuckoo Clocks at Hofgut Sternen
- Visit the magnificent Cologne Cathedral, a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Photo-stop at the Atomium in Brussels.
- Visit to Keukenhof, the Tulip Gardens of Netherlands (for tours before mid May).
- Visit to Madurodam, the miniature city of Holland at Hague (for tours after mid-May)
- Visit to the traditional wooden shoe factory of Netherlands, with a special demonstration
- Photo-stop at one of the unique windmills of Netherlands
- Canal Cruise tour of Amsterdam
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Paris
- Visit to the Eiffel Tower (2nd level)
- River Seine Cruise
- Visit to Disneyland, Paris
- Meals, coach tours, transfers, entrance fees, sightseeing tours and surface transportation as indicated in the itinerary
- All internal transfer
- All Sightseeing transfer
- Airport transfer
Terms and Conditions
- Single room supplement would be Euro
- The 3rd person sharing the room is provided with an additional mattress or a rollaway bed
- As per EU hotel occupancy regulations, a maximum of 3 persons are allowed in one room
- Rate of Exchange (ROE) taken for computing the above price is Rs. 67 per Euro. In the event of an increase in the ROE taken into account, the prices defined may be amended
- The taxes and visa charges mentioned are as on date of brochure going to print (November 1, 2012) and may be amended in the event of any changes
- A surcharge may be levied for certain departures
- Tips of 2 Euro per person per day to drivers etc
- Any increase in airfare and airline taxes charged by the airlines on your ticket calculated as on November 1, 2012, is not included
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included
- Porter fees at hotels, airports and seaports is not included
- Cost of expenses of personal nature such as, laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges etc., is not included
- Any other items not mentioned in the Inclusions list are not included
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged